Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Tiger Inside the House

I had a very vivid dream this morning which I knew had a connection with Kiki's brilliant grizzly bear post even while I was having it.

In the dream, there was a killer, man-eating tiger already in my home. As long as we fed him what he wanted and let him play with us the way he wanted, the worst we'd end up with were a few scratches and tiny bites. And we lived in constant fear that we'd piss him off and he would just rip us to shreds. I wanted him out of my home but there didn't seem to be a way to do that without seriously jeopardizing our very lives. There was just nothing I could do except humor the gigantic, frightening tiger. There was no rational way out.

I didn't tell anyone about my dream.

Today we all went to the store and I told my daughter she could choose one small toy. She picked a tiger. A tiny, puny, fragile-looking toy tiger made in China.

The moral of the story? I don't have a clue. It's just one of those coincidences you can't make up.

3 comments:

  1. Just a suggestion that the other tiger is tiny, puny, and fragile too. I agree that Kiki's post about the grizzly bear is unforgettable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope so, Ruth. I'm choosing to interpret the whole thing that way... But the tiger in my head really is frightening.

    Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeeeep.

    I'm just getting caught up in reading blog posts, and I am so sorry that the grizzly bear post got you dreaming of fierce animals.

    Just don't let them in, PA! Don't let them in!

    ReplyDelete

I encourage comments!!!