Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Almost Alive

After being able to cry and feel about my childhood a bit - nothing too dramatic, but still a huge step for me - I spent the next several days very happily doing my job and thinking I'm good at it and then spontaneously singing and playing the guitar at a party - in front of people, unabashedly well. And I felt so happy and alive.

My first reaction: I must be running away from feeling the bad stuff.

When I thought about it: I'm living life, actually. Enjoying the good stuff freely and without shame and guilt. I wasn't looking for it, it just happened.

Both feeling sad about the bad stuff and feeling free to enjoy the good stuff were forbidden in my home. I mistrust both.

I'm now slowly starting to allow myself both - any they come in a package, or so it seems.

4 comments:

  1. It makes me sad that the Narcs took away one of our most precious things: to just be happy when we are happy. That they ingrained in us that we were doing something bad (running away, ignoring life, being Polly Anna-ish, devaluing their pain, etc.) by enjoying our lives.

    I'm glad you've been able to allow yourself to just be. Feeling whatever the hell you need to feel. I hope and wish that for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! So many of my emotions were layered like an onion that peeling off or releasing one layer exposed a new exciting layer of feeling that had remained hidden.

    Q's Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome that you are enjoying just being you. High 5 to you.

    ReplyDelete

I encourage comments!!!